Bespoke Journeys and Private Camps
in Mongolia’s Best Places
360° Mongolia is a collection of extraordinary bespoke experiences in Mongolia, designed by Nomadic Journeys. Established in 1993 Nomadic Journeys is widely recognized as Mongolia’s sustainable tourism pioneer.
We have a unique approach to travel in Mongolia focussed on the places where we develop long term partnerships with local communities and conservation initiatives.
What Makes Us Special
- 20+ years of experience in Mongolia
- Our own network of small private ger camps located in Mongolia’s most unique and pristine places.
- Relationships with people and places that give extraordinary experiences and insights.
- We have established several private airstrips allowing direct Cessna flights to and between many of our remote camps.
- Making positive impacts for communities and conservation through genuine sustainable tourism is at the core of what we do.
We would love to tailor a private custom trip to Mongolia for you
Altai Mountains, Great Lakes and Dunes
- Mongolia’s most diverse landscapes and cultures
- Kazakh Eagle Hunters, Western Mongols,
- The West Gobi with largest sand dunes, saltwater and freshwater lakes,
- The Altai Mountains, eternally snow-capped mountains,
- Saiga Antelopes, Snow Leopards, Argali Sheep, Siberian Ibex
- Five-star camping at our private mobile camps
The East Gobi
Ikh Nart Nature Reserve
- Watch Argali Sheep and Ibex from horse-back
- Explore the maze of rock formations
- Travel by camel cart to our private camp deep in the reserve
- Discover history in the landscape: Balbal lines, ancient graves, petroglyphs
- Enjoy sunset around the campfire
The Khentii Wilderness
Private Camp Experience
- An accessible and very unique wilderness experience
- Travel with yak-carts to our private wilderness camp
- Enjoy the wildflower meadows along the Tuul River
- Hike or horse-ride to majestic views
- Experience a sense of wilderness on the edge of the Siberian Taiga
The Khentii Wilderness
Wilderness Horse Ride
- A horse ride along the southern edge of the Khan Khentii wilderness in our unique and comfortable travel style
- Enjoy days in the saddle and cozy gers with beds at night
- Ride through open steppe, ridge rides, woodland trails on sturdy and forward-going Mongolian horses
- Visit the Princess Temple ruins deep in the forest
The Eastern Steppes
Mongolia’s Wild East
- Encounter herds of Mongolian Gazelles as we cross the endless ocean of grass
- Explore Genghis Khan’s birthplace, and the royal burials at Öglögchiin Herem
- Search for Argali Sheep and Ibex at Ikh Nart Nature Reserve
- Enjoy bird watching, especially the rare and beautiful Cranes
- Get to know our local Buryat Mongol hosts
The River Camps
Float Trip and Riverside Camps
- Float through awe-inspiring scenery
- Stay at comfortable riverside ger camps each night
- Hike to scenic look-outs above the river
- Enjoy star-lit evenings around the campfire
OUR 360° Trip Style
On all our journeys you will stay at our private 360° ger camps.
Our camps are mobile. They are collapsible five-star pop-up camps. Why it deploys to anywhere in Mongolia. We can load your private stylish ger camp on to a truck or on to a caravan of yak or camel carts. The camp sites are carefully chosen, with 360° landscape views. Next to a nomadic family or anywhere in the great Mongolian void. You may move on foot, on camel or horseback, through the landscapes with the camp folded. Minimum stay is 2 overnights for each place, for max 6 guest’s. You will sleep in a traditional Mongolian ger, simply but stylishly decorated with colourful Mongolian crafts, furnished with proper beds and full bedding. Enjoy a private 360 degrees landscape view!
You will dine in a separate dining ger or traditional Mongolian marquee style tent. Compost style toilets and a safari style shower are also set up in traditional Mongolian tents.
Our camp entourage always includes a skilled cook and a camp master. On relocation days the entire camp can be dismantled, packed onto our support vehicle, or loaded on to a caravan of yak or camel carts. Set up again in the new location.
Occasionally – if at all available – we will also make use of the best tourist ger camps and lodges in the region.